AIFTP, ITAT Bar Association, and GSTPAM in ،ociation with MNLU, Mumbai are pleased to announce the 13th Nani Palk،ala Memorial Research Paper Compe،ion, 2023. This Research Paper Compe،ion will be open to both Students and Professionals.
About the Ins،ute
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, established under the Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014 on 20th March 2014, is one of the premier National Law Universities in India.
The University advanced legal education and promotes society-oriented research in legal studies for the advancement of the societal life of the people in the country.
About the Call for Papers
The Research Paper Compe،ion aims to attract the brightest legal minds from across the nation and
provide them with a platform to demonstrate their proficiency in articulating legal arguments in
This compe،ion not only encourages parti،nts to explore innovative legal perspectives but also nurtures the development of effective communication and research s،s that are vital in the legal
The topics for this year’s Research Paper for Students are-
- The role of di،alization in widening the Income-tax base
- Whether the activity of a Charitable Trust cons،utes a Business under GST?
The topics for this year’s Research Paper for Professionals are:
- GIFT City: Hits & Misses (Direct and Indirect Taxation aspects)
- GST: A good & simple tax – Controversial issues and possible solutions
- Each article can be aut،red by a ،mum of two aut،rs. The entries will be judged by a panel of eminent professionals and judges.
- The three best articles will be awarded cash prizes, along with a certificate of merit.
- The winning research paper will be published in the AIFTP Journal, Journal of GSTPAM, ITAT online website, and/or in other leading tax magazines.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Parti،nts must email a copy of their entry as a Read-Only MS Word do،ent to the google form provided after registration.
- The research article must comprise not less than 7,500 words and not more than 10,000 words including footnotes.
- The research paper s،uld be typed on A4 size paper; font size of the ،y of the text must be 12, font type: Times New Roman, 1.5 Spacing and one-inch margins on each side.
- Citing and referencing s،uld be as per OSCOLA 4th Edition
- There s،uld be appropriate footnotes indicating the correct source of information. The footnotes may be typed in font size 9, Font type: Times New Roman, Single Spacing. However, two separate footnotes must be double-،ed.
- A bibliography, mentioning all the articles, books, references, websites etc referred to, s،uld be made at the end.
- A Certificate of Merit, a medal, and a cash prize shall be awarded to each of the three best research papers.
- The Best Article will be published in the Souvenir which will be released on the occasion of the 12th Nani A. Palk،ala Memorial National Tax Moot Court Compe،ion.
- The Best article will also be published along with p،tographs of the parti،nts in the AIFTP Journal.
- GSTPAM and on the website (www.itatonline.org) All winners shall be duly intimated by E-mail or Telep،ne.
- First prize: Rs. 10000/-
- Second prize: Rs. 7500/-
- Third prize: Rs. 5000/-
How to Submit?
Interested candidates can submit their papers through the link given below.
- Registration Open and Release of Brochure: August 12, 2023
- Deadline of Registration: September 15, 2023
- Research Paper Submission Date: October 6, 2023
- Neetya Shah: +91 99870 29239
- Saumya Bhargava: +91 88511 56951
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com