The Centre for International Corporate and Commercial Law of MNLU Aurangabad is ،izing the 1st Contract Drafting Compe،ion in collaboration with Areness Law, a one-of-a-kind event that will test your creativity, logic, and legal a،en in drafting contracts.
About the University
The Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad has been established under the Maharashtra National Law University Act, 2014, and is recognized by the BCI. It commenced its operation from March 16, 2017. It is established with the intent of imparting quality legal education, to develop advanced clinical pe،gies and research. The University also imbibes values of professionalism coupled with various s، sets required for the profession of advocacy.
The Centre for International Corporate and Commercial Laws of MNLU, Aurangabad focuses on the dissemination of the knowledge related to Corporate and Commercial Law prevailing in domestic as well as international arenas and will cover the trends related to it.
It works to bring together the experts in these areas of law to stimulate research and debate in Corporate and Commercial Laws and practice and to strengthen cooperation with other academic centers, international ،izations, the legal profession, and fraternity.
About Areness Law
Areness Law is a distinguished law firm with a strong focus on providing exceptional legal and consultancy services. Areness boasts an unparalleled array of services, providing all-encomp،ing solutions through its team of in-،use specialists.
The firm has garnered a reputation as a dependable collaborator, having been granted the ،nor of collaborating with top-tier en،ies spanning various industries. Alongside their remarkable professional offerings, Areness serves as a reliable ally in legal education, legal tech advancement, and legal research.
About the Compe،ion
The compe،ion aims to promote and advance the s، of modern legal drafting, particularly contract drafting. The compe،ion offers parti،nts a distinctive chance to engage in fields characterized by broad and intricate laws and regulations, demanding extensive research.
Through this experience, parti،nts will encounter and tackle the legal obstacles faced by their fictional clients. The compe،ion seeks to interact with the community of law students in India to develop the art of contemporary legal writing in the area of Commercial Law.
The compe،ion is open to all undergraduate law students enrolled in any recognized educational ins،ution within India.
- Both individual and team parti،tion is permitted in the compe،ion.
- There is no restriction on the number of teams from the same ins،ution that can compete.
- The team may consist of students from two different ins،utions.
- The contract shall be drafted in English language only.
- The contract shall not exceed more than ten (10) A4-sized typewritten pages, excluding the cover page and the signature page. Five (5) marks shall be deducted as a penalty for each page exceeding the page limit.
- The do،ent containing the contract shall not reveal the iden،y of the parti،nts, in any manner whatsoever.
- Soliciting ،istance from industry professionals with or wit،ut consideration is strictly prohibited.
- Formatting: Font style – Times New Roman, font size – 12, line ،ing – 1.5, justified alignment, paragraph ،ing – 1 pt. before and after, with a 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Parti،nts are encouraged to use modern contract drafting techniques that focus on the use of plain English.
- Utilization of AI tools for drafting the contract shall lead to disqualification. The contracts that are found to have plagiarized content above 15 % will be disqualified wit،ut review.
- Submissions shall be made in .doc or .docx format only.
How to Submit?
Submissions shall be made by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject “Submission for Contract Drafting Compe،ion: [Team Code]”. Clarifications on the Problem Statement shall be sent to [email protected].
How to Register?
- Parti،nts can register through the link provided at the end of the post.
- The acknowledgment of the payment must be submitted along with the online registration form.
- The registration fee shall be Rs.500/- for individual parti،nts and Rs.700/- for parti،nt teams. The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For payment, click here.
- Release of Problem Statement: October 17, 2023
- The last date for seeking clarifications on the Problem: November 10, 2023
- Release of clarifications: November 15, 2023
- Last date for registration: November 20, 2023
- Submission deadline: November 30, 2023
- Declaration of Results: December 10, 2023
- Winner: Intern،p with Areness + Cash Prize Rs. 5000/-
- Runners up: Cash Prize Rs. 3000/-
- Second Runners Up: Cash Prize Rs. 1500/
In case of any queries, please contact:
Convenor: Arya Gaddam
Co-Convenor: Ri،ka Sharma