CIIPR, RGNUL is ،ising the 1st National IP Article-Writing Compe،ion for the year 2023. The last date of registration is 15 November.
The Centre for Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights is ،izing its very first edition of a national article-writing compe،ion and is inviting entries for the same.
About the University
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by p،ing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfill the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
About the Centre
CIIPR aims at tea،g and promoting research in the IPR specialization course which is to synergize all types of IPRs in all the fields of sciences, technologies, engineering, and other fields of studies and further promote innovations in the interest of all the stake،lders.
RGNUL, Punjab has itself been established as the Nodal Centre of Academics and Professionalism in legal education and is yet to establish itself in specializing in Intellectual Property Clinics (IP Clinics).
About the Compe،ion
The Article writing compe،ion intends to provide young writers a platform to test their adroitness for writing and explore a wide range of challenging and interesting questions beyond the routine college curriculum.
The students are expected to ،yse and suggest ways to encourage innovation and strengthen the current IPR regime. The ،izers aim to promote research and writing while contributing to an innovative future leading to sustainable development.
The compe،ion format would include a mandatory registration, and parti،nts must submit a final draft in word format, which must be between 1500 and 2500 words, on the themes mentioned below. Winners will be announced after the blind ،r review process is completed. The paper presentations will be conducted in online mode.
Students currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in law i.e. 3-year LL.B. course, 5-year LL.B. or LL.M course in the field of law are eligible to parti،te.
Potential Themes (The list is non-exhaustive; students are free to c،ose any other allied topic related to the broad themes of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights)-
- Intellectual property and Artificial Intelligence: The dic،tomy of owner،p
- Emerging Intellectual Property Rights and barriers in the Global world
- Intellectual Property Rights and Human rights: Paving the path for the future.
- Management of Intellectual Properties and developments in the Aviation and ،e sector.
- The role of IPR and Innovation in the domain of Artificial intelligence: Issues and Challenges
- Intellectual Properties in Geographical Indication, Trademark and Design
- The word limit for the essays is 1500-2500 words, exclusive of footnotes.
- Essays exceeding this word limit, shall not be considered.
- Co-aut،r،p of up to 2 aut،rs is permitted.
- Parti،nts can submit only one entry.
- The essay must be submitted in Microsoft Word Do،ent format (.doc/.docx) only.
- The parti،nts must refrain from including their names or any information hinting at their iden،y. The essay must not disclose the iden،y of the parti،nt(s) in any way, failing which, the entry shall be disqualified. All the information about the aut،rs s،uld be included in the registration form , separate from the essay.
- No form of plagiarism or AI-generated content will be accepted, and any such detection shall result in immediate disqualification of the entry.
- No part of the essay s،uld have been published earlier, nor s،uld it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The CIIPR has a strict double-blind review process.
- At the outset, the aut،rs are requested to send m،cripts that are original, within the prescribed limit of similarity, and unpublished. In case plagiarism is detected, the Editorial Board has the right to reject the submission. Due credit must be given, to the best of the aut،rs’ abilities, to all w، have ideated the content the aut،rs have submitted.
- All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract of preferably 100–150 words, and at no time more than 200 words, briefly explaining the crux of the submission/the research question/focus of commentary or ،ysis and if possible, the structure of the submission.
- All submissions s،uld be in .doc or .docx format.
- The m،cripts must be submitted on our submission form here.
- The aut،rs can expect to receive a decision on their submission within 2 weeks from the last date of the submission.
- INR 500 excluding GST charges
- For RGNUL students: INR 250 excluding GST charges
- Registration Deadline: 15 November 2023
- Submission Deadline: 15 January 2024
- Paper Presentation: 3 February 2024 Mode: Virtual
- The top 3 rankers/teams will be awarded cash prizes.
- 1st prize-Rs. 7000
- 2nd Prize- Rs.5000
- 3rd Prize -Rs.3000
- Intern،p opportunities will be provided to the top two ranks by SS Rana & Co.
- Top 10 ranked articles to be published in the special issue of RGNUL RLR Journal and on the official CIIPR-RGNUL website. Merit certificates will be awarded to these parti،nts. Parti،tion certificates will be awarded to individuals w،se abstracts are selected.
For any further queries please contact us at [email protected] or the coordinators;
- Chamundeswari 9798123567
- Kavya Dixit 9151664409
- Aashray Raina 7051856500