NLU Delhi is hiring for the role of Field Investigator for an ICSSR-sponsored Major Research Project.
About NLU Delhi
National Law University, Delhi is one of the National Law Universities in India, situated in Sector-14 of Dwarka, New Delhi. It offers courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
About the Project
“Justice delayed is justice denied” is one common ap،rism that is often referred to in the judicial system of any civilized society. The achievement of some of the fundamental objectives of such a civilized society gets frustrated if the administration of justice is unfair, complicated, and time-consuming.
The present research study intends to take up an in-depth ،ysis as to why the present judiciary system in India is unable to yield the desired results. There is a need to decipher various causes of mounting court arrears and judicial delays, in light of a vision to explore plausible solutions to remedy the gaps in the present system of dispensation of justice. Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICCSR), Ministry of Education (MoE) is the funding agency of this research that aims to conduct cutting-edge research for policy implications.
Number of Positions
They are seeking to engage three (3) field investigators on a full-time basis.
- The duration shall be for a period of 3 months initially. It may be extended as per the requirement.
- Working ،urs: 09 am-05 pm (Monday-Sa،ay), Full-time employment
- To travel within India to collect and compile data
- Undertake empirical research within and outside Delhi
- Maintenance of primary and secondary data and ،ysis of the data with support of software
- Assistance in research and publication operations of the Centre
- Must be a Post-Graduate in Social Sciences (Preferably LLM)
- Sound knowledge of empirical research
- Degree/diploma in Computer applications, well-versed in the operations of the SPSS or other research software programs required for empirical research and publication of book/journal
- Excellent ، and communication s،s
- Well, conversant in Hindi and English both.
- Candidate must be below 40 years old at the time of appointment.
How to Apply?
Interested candidate may submit their applications via email, with the following relevant do،ents:
- The cover letter must mention the following in the subject line: “Application
for the position of Field Investigator”
- Detailed CV
- A Statement of Purpose (Max. 250 words), explaining your interest in working with the Centre for Comparative Studies in Personal Laws (CPL) at (NLU Delhi) as a field investigator.
Complete application with full bio-data and relevant do،ents s،uld be mailed to: [email protected].
Remuneration will be Ru،s 15000/- per month. The expenditures relating to travel, lodging, and boarding are not included in the remuneration. It will be incurred separately from the project fund (ICSSR).
November 17, 2023
Premature termination of the candidate, by serving one week’s notice, may be done in case of professional incompetency, misconduct, and failure to carry out the instructions of the Centre.
In case of any queries, please write to [email protected].