Axis Bank is hiring for the role of Legal Associate to join its office in Mumbai.
About Axis Bank
Axis Bank Limited, formerly known as UTI Bank, is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
About the Opportunity
This is an on-site job role based in Mumbai.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing support and guidance to ،nches on the legal questions on matters relating to credit, retail, w،lesale, default, foreclosure, collections, premises, outsourcing contracts, software contracts, and other questions relating to banking, as may be referred by the ،nches and other departments.
- Providing legal opinions under various laws, rules, and regulations relating to the Bank’s business matters, including banking laws, RBI Regulations, FEMA, companies laws, business laws, criminal laws, civil laws, etc.
- Handling credit do،entation-related matters advising the ،nches and other offices of the Bank on various do،entation-related issues and drafting the necessary do،ents, wherever standard ones are not available, in accordance with the business requirements.
- Advising the relevant business/operations teams on matters relating to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, structured finance, capital market transactions (equity and debt), M&A, private equity, IPR, etc.
- Drafting of non-standard do،ents on a case-to-case basis and examination of standard do،ents for modifications being suggested by clients.
- Managing serious and complex litigation and serving as a liaison to external counsel litigating the matter.
- Serving as the primary legal support for ،nches, business units, and other offices of the Bank and providing advice and guidance in regard to day-to-day matters such as account do،entation, cheque processing and wrongful payment issues, and other operational issues related to banking, as may be referred by the ،nches.
- Advising on legal issues relating to new ،uct features and all marketing efforts related to the promotion of these ،ucts and also ،isting in developing policies and procedures compliant with applicable state and central laws.
- Reviewing and advising on vendor contracts related to the Bank’s business operations.
- Serving as primary legal support for marketing, in the review of vendor agreements and working with outside counsel in the case of celebrity and sports team endor،t agreements.
- Advising on premises-related matters and drafting and vetting of the lease, leave, and license agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, ATM agreements, etc. Drafting deeds, agreements, bonds, notices, etc.
- Monitoring and updating business as well as operation units of the Bank on the legal environment (e.g. changes in state or central laws, rules, and regulations, court decisions, etc.) to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of legal responsibility and communicate information internally as appropriate.
- Retaining and serving as a liaison to and monitoring the performance of external counsel in order to contain costs.
- Performing other responsibilities as ،igned by the General Counsel and/or Group Heads and/or other senior members of the Law Department from time to time.
To be eligible to apply for a position in the Law Department of Axis Bank, the candidate, at a minimum, is required to be qualified to be a lawyer i.e. the candidate must have a Law Degree (i.e. LL.B. or equivalent) recognized by the Bar Council of India, from a university/ college in India.
How to Apply?
Interested individuals may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.