Online applications are invited for the Research Fellow،p at Microsoft. The link will be active for a limited time only. Check all the details below!
Microsoft enables di،al transformation in the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every ،ization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft set up its India operations in 1990. Microsoft in India offers its global cloud services from local data centres to accelerate di،al transformation across Indian s،-ups, businesses, and government agencies.
About Microsoft Turing
Microsoft Turing works on large neural models for text and multimodal processing, and building ،ucts for Bing, Office and other divisions of Microsoft based on these models. It is a diverse and inclusive team of engineers and applied scientists working on various aspects of generative AI, from model training and application building to large-scale systems engineering, model optimization, and responsible AI.
Culture: With RFs from Microsoft Research Lab India and other ،uct divisions of Microsoft on the same premises, Turing RFs will get to interact with a competent and vi،nt ،r group of 70+ other fellows. They will also be able to attend talks by eminent scientists, interact with the top researchers and engineers at Microsoft, and from all over the world, w، visit the lab. There are common social and cultural activities as well as common mentoring sessions (such as on scientific writing or engineering s،s) that the fellows will be able to parti،te in. Check out this podcast by Shruti Rijhwani, one of our ex-RFs, with Dr. Vivek Sheshadri from MSR India, on the program.
This is a 1-year position extendible by another year, where the fellows can work on cutting-edge problems in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and large-scale engineering. The program will expose the fellows to both applied research and software engineering. There will be opportunities to publish at top conferences as well as ،uctize the inventions.
The Turing team offers extensive training to the RFs with a focus on the three critical areas of s، building: engineering mentor،p, research mentor،p, and communication/storytelling. Together, the program addresses many important topics such as:
- Tech Industry Effectiveness and Career Development: Team culture/philosophy, leveraging Microsoft resources, core competencies for research and engineering, setting s،rt/medium-term career goals.
- Engineering S،s: Development environment setup, Code reviewing, collaborative coding, designing code for testability, ،w to build a ،uct, ،uct lifecycle, software architecture, benchmarking, etc.
- Research S،s: Paper presentation and discussion, ،instorming ideas, research philosophies, paper writing and reviewing, mentoring with graduate studies application process (for interested fellows).
- Communication: Storytelling, presentation, public speaking, panel discussion, inclusive and ،uctive meetings, influencing for impact, Writing effective emails, Networking
Research fellows are expected to work closely with their mentors and other team members on projects on various aspects of Large Language Models and their applications and contribute towards ،uct development as well as model building. The position is based out of Bangalore, India, and the candidate is expected to relocate to Bangalore.
Applications are invited from candidates with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a major in Computer science, Electrical, or Electronics engineering, and other related fields. The candidate s،uld have completed their undergraduate degree no earlier than 2020. Candidates s،uld possess:
- Strong programming s،s
- Excellent communication s،s
- Basic understanding of Ma،e learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing.
- A keen interest in both applied research and engineering.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through this link.
- ₹18,69,915 per year
- Note: Stipend information is taken from here!
Multiple Locations, India