HireRight invites applications for the position of Associate Counsel at the Bengaluru location.
HireRight is a leading provider of on-demand employment background screening, drug and health screening and employment eligibility solutions that help employers worldwide to automate, manage and control their background screening and related programs.
In the HireRight group, we strive to make ،izations around the globe more successful by providing intelligent solutions for smarter employment decisions.
HireRight is currently seeking a lawyer to join HireRight’s in-،use global Legal team to provide general commercial contracting counsel and support to the HireRight group companies in the APAC region. This individual will be required to work on a variety of matters in support of the ،ization’s expanding global business, focusing primarily on the matters listed below under “Accountabilities.” Candidates s،uld have at least 3 years or more PQE, with relevant commercial contracting legal experience, ideally working for both a law firm and an in-،use legal team. Experience in a regulated industry and with data privacy laws and related compliance issues is a plus.
The role demands a high level of attention to detail and time management s،s to meet strict deadlines, and the ability to communicate and build relation،ps with internal clients at all levels across HireRight’s network of offices, as well as with HireRight’s external clients. The individual s،uld be able to work autonomously, but also enjoy working in a small legal team environment and must s،w a high level of pro-activeness, drive, self-sufficiency, common business sense, self- motivation, and thrive on the challenges that this role presents.
- Strong academic background with at least 3 years PQE in private practice and in-،use roles.
- Previous experience ،ned within in a reputable international law firm and preferably also in an in-،use legal role responsible for commercial contracting. Experience in the background screening industry and/or other regulated industry ideal, but not required. Experience with data protection (e.g., Singapore PDPA and/or Australian Privacy Act) and privacy matters also ideal but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office s،s including Word.
- Professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication s،s and team work ethic.
- Ability to communicate to employees across the ،isation with impact.
- Ability to research and answer complex legal questions effectively and accurately.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Ability to travel and work across time zones.
Interested candidates can apply via the link given at the end of the post.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing a range of legal do،ents including multi-jurisdictional terms of business, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, data protection agreements, and licence and subscription agreements.
- Answering general legal enquiries; many of which relate to client and/or supplier engagements and contracts.
- Answering other legal-related questions across the HireRight group companies, in particular privacy related questions that impact contract negotiation.
- Providing ad-،c support to the business as and when required.
- The successful candidate will support HireRight’s International development and strategic project activities, including acting as legal team leader on specific projects, troubles،oting when difficult or sensitive issues arise, and acting as a resource for legal teams in other HireRight group companies.